Sunday, February 1, 2015

Superbowl 2015

Today's Superbowl Sunday-- I forgot what that meant for grocery shopping last night, and didn't realize how crowded the stores would be for last-minute supplies. This year's game is between the Seahawks (where I live now) and the Patriots (where I'd spent six years of my life). So I've decided that I'll be rooting for the underdog during the game, whichever team that'll happen to be.

My step count hasn't been doing so well these past two weeks! It's hard when I see that I'm at a mere 1000 steps, to make it all the way to 10,000. So of course, I end up not trying at all. I think on days where I haven't walked very much, I should try to at least briskly walk 30-60 minutes on the treadmill.... this would net me an additional 2,500-6,000 steps. Ideally, I'd do this every day, but who am I kidding? I try to usually walk around 3.5 mph, and half an hour is easy when I'm watching clips off youtube. I've been saving videos and webcomics for when I can be entertained without too much thought for this exact purpose.

On the bright side, I've been tracking a lot of stuff on Beeminder. I've been doing well on my New Year resolutions for 2015! Planning has generally been okay, though I need to do a better job planning in my step count. One of these days, I'll blog about how I'm using HabitRPG, Beeminder, RescueTime, and Google Calendar to figure out what I need to be doing. My main tasks for this week is to wrap up some RA work and do more research. My class homework load is fairly light this week, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment